Designed for men aged 18-49 years Regaine Foam is a hair loss treatment which is effective for 90% of men suffering from the hereditary form of the condition (the most common type of hair loss in men).
Buy the tubes on the high street and you will probably be charged it’s full RRP which is £34.95 per tube (1 months supply). Shop online and you can get some incredible deals however – usually less that half price – especially if you buy in packs of 3 or 6.
Regaine Foam Prices (updated daily)
Below are today’s online prices. The best deals are at the top of the list. Where a promotional code is provided its use will be required to obtain the deal listed.
Currently there is very little difference between the price of Solution and Foam. You can buy in 1 month or 3 month packs but to be honest, seeing as you need to use it long term for it to be effective there is very little point in buying it 1 month at a time.
The RRP is £34.95 but you can find it for a lot less online. To get it at it’s lowest possible price however you need to buy it in bulk. I am talking 3 or 6 months supply in one go. Buy it this way and you will be paying less than half the price.
To achieve the 90% chance of stopping your loss of hair you need to follow the recommended directions:
- Apply it twice per day with a twelve hour interval in between. Usually this means once in the morning and once in the evening. Do not miss a treatment and do not apply more than is recommended.
- Make sure you scalp is dry before you apply it.
- Holding the can upside down squeeze half a cap-ful into the palm of you hand.
- Massage the Foam into the areas of your scalp where you are experiencing hair loss.
- Wash your hands.
Foam Or Solution, Which Should I Use?
Just like their topical solution, their Foam is based on the active ingredient minoxidil containing a concentration of 5% (just like the Extra Strength Solution). The only difference is this come in the form of a mousse instead of a topical liquid. So why would you use this instead of the topical solution?
- It is easier to apply, unless of course you have been using the liquid for a good while and are well practised in it.
- It dries much quicker so you can style your hair almost immediately after application.
- I apparently produces less irritation to you scalp.
- Studies suggest that it has a slightly higher success rate.
- The topical solution used propylene glycol and ethanol at its vehicle for delivering the minoxidil to the scalp which sometime left a greasy residue, the Foam uses a mousse which retains it’s foam structure at room temperature but liquidates when it come in contact with your skin.
How long do I need to use to for?
It can take anything up to 4 months of using Regaine Foam daily before you notice any effect though it is often less for most. Just like ES Solution you need to continue to use it to maintain its effect – stop and within 8 weeks you will have lost all the hair that you retained and re-grew by using it.
It is probably the best option for men who suffer from hereditary hair loss and want to try using Regaine for the first time. If you are already a regular user of the topical version and happy with it there’s little reason to change unless you dislike the residue left by the older product.
In 2007 Regaine launched it’s new foam based formulation of 5% minoxidil. They claimed that is was more effective than their liquid based topical solution for treating hereditary male pattern baldness. Studied have since show that it does indeed have a higher success rate than the topical 5% Solution: where 8 out of 10 user of the 5% minoxidil topical solution reported positive results this increased to 9 out of 10 for Regaine Foam.
The active ingredient, just like in the topical liquid, is 5% minoxidil which has been used for over twenty years to treat hereditary hair loss and still remain the only effective way to treat it. It is suitable for man aged between 18-49 years and is available over the counter at most pharmacies or online.