Today's Lowest Prices
Regular Strength Solution (for men) and Regular Strength Gel which were 2% minoxidil formulations for men have been discontinued. The Foam may be a relatively new product but its topical form has been used by men and women since 1988 and has already helped millions of stop their hereditary baldness.
*The success rate for these products have been measured in studies of people using the products as recommended over a 4 month period and experienced either no more hair loss or regrowth.
What Is It Made Of?
- Minoxidil (active ingredient)
- Propylene glycol
- Purified water
MinoxidilThis medication is like many things that happen in the medical world. The benefit to hair growth was discovered by accident, kind of like penicillin and the world of antibiotics. Minoxidil was originally used for treating high blood pressure or hypertension. The hair benefit was discovered as a “side effect” of treating high blood pressure. Nice side effect! Well, mankind does not let sleeping dogs lie when we see an opportunity. Side effect is hair regrowth and slowing of hair loss, and men like to keep hair. Hmmm….yep, bet there’s a good place for this stuff, and VOILA! – Regaine was born. Okay, okay…maybe that’s a little dramatized, but you get the picture, I hope. I’m just poking a little fun at the discovery of something that has been a dramatic life changer for many men, and being thankful someone thought to do something to bring it to the market. What they did was take the active blood pressure medication and reformulate it to make this top selling treatment, which is clinically proven and approved by the FDA. So after it was discovered to stimulated body hair growth. A topical solution was developed which contained 2% Minoxidil and went on sale to the public in 1988. In 1996 the concentration was increased to 5% for men with the launch of 'Extra Strength Solution' (having a higher level of Minoxidil was found to have a more powerful effects on male scalps men but have little effect on women). They then developed an easy to apply Foam for men in 2006 which also contained 5%. Read more about minoxidil here.
Does It Work?
Does It Fix All Hair Loss Problems?In one word, no; it can’t fix everything. But, it can help many sufferers. Let me explain. There are several possible causes of hair loss:
- MPB (male pattern baldness) – genetic – MAIN culprit – androgenic alopecia
- Sudden baldness – could be extreme stress induced (can even happen overnight)
- Slow loss (but increased) over a couple of months – could be nutrition related
- Alopecia Areata – round, smooth patches – usually caused by stress & genetics
- Tinea Capitis – fungal infection like athlete’s foot- requires other treatment
How Much Does It Cost?If you buy it on the high street from Boots say you would probably pay the full £34.95 per tube of foam or bottle of solution (one months supply). Thankfully you find it for a lot less online. Buy in bulk and from the right website and you will currently pay less than £16 per month for Foam or Extra Strength Solution - that's less than half the RRP. Check out the links at the top of the page for the latest price comparisons.
What Sort Of Results Can You Expect From Using The Foam Or Solution?The get the most out of this product you need to do two things:
- Firstly you need to apply it twice a day, every day. This one is very important. If you only follow it occasionally the results will be disappointing. Try to make it part of your daily routine, using it at the same time - morning and evening - every day.
- Be very patient. When you start using Regaine you have to understand that you are in it for the long haul. Most men who use it don't see any re-growth for 16 weeks (4 months). But once it starts, keep using it and it will keep growing, stop using it and all of the hair you gained will be lost within a few months.
Regaine SolutionClinical tests have show that it will stop any further loss of hair for 80% of men.
Regaine FoamThus has been show in studies to be more effective than the Extra Strength Solution. 90% of men reported a halt or reversal in their hair loss after 4 months of use.
How Does It Work?
- Apply Regaine to your balding areas twice per day. The minoxidil will penetrate into the scalp.
- Your thin strands will start falling out at an increased rate during the first two weeks. Don't worry, this is a good sign. They need to make way for you new, thicker and stronger hairs.
- The minoxidil stimulate shrunken follicles so they are able to regrow thicker strands.
- These larger, healthier follicles grow thick strands though you may not notice them for the first few months.
Here’s some of what you need to know:
- You only use one (1) ml 2 times a day
- Apply directly to the scalp hair loss area
- Don’t think more is better – it’s not
- You must continue use it to keep the benefits